Copernicus has been an open-access publisher of well-established international journals with a focus on geo- and environmental sciences as well as an organizer of international scientific conferences for 34 years. Our strong focus on in-house services with permanent staff members has motivated us to custom-develop our own, LAMP-based SAAS online system Copernicus Office supporting all our workflows and communications with the worldwide 200,000 scientists we serve. We are presently recruiting a full-time, permanent staff member (40 h/week) to extend and improve our complex web applications and to support our team in the position of a
Native PHP developer
- You have several years of actual experience in developing native PHP7/8 applications, preferably using MySQL;
- Your programming work is sustainable, well-documented, and robust;
- You are motivated to take on responsibility for your own web application, develop it further, provide support on a long-term basis.
What do we offer?
- 65 colleagues from various departments. Your features are concepted, tested, and implemented in close collaboration with our in-house teams;
- Our own team of 4 PHP developers and 1 system administrator;
- Our cScrum workflow with weekly reviews and personal concept meetings;
- Your personal test and development system as a complete image of our live environment;
- Regular in-house code camps and workshops;
- Enough space for your own ideas;
- Flexible working hours and individual training (e.g., participation in the International PHP Conference et al.);
- Your choice for either permanent home office or presence office in Göttingen;
- A secure job with performance-related pay, extensive social benefits, and a high level of family-friendliness;
- Our employer value proposition;
- Achieving our goals together while having fun at work.
Copernicus GmbH | Bahnhofsallee 1e | 37081 Göttingen | Contact: Stefan Schwardt