Welcome to Copernicus.org
We promote the sciences by organizing conferences and exhibitions worldwide, publishing highly reputable peer-reviewed open-access journals, supporting associations in the fulfilment of their tasks, and developing appropriate software solutions for achieving these aims. Promoting scientific work is our focus. Serving those dedicated to science is our passion. Experience more and take a look.
To offer our journal editors a better service and an improved experience in our online system, we have significantly improved the referee nomination tool in our review system Copernicus Office Editor. Experience more and take a look.
Looking to gain experience and boost your confidence as a referee? Apply for the EGU peer review training, and gain valuable insights into the peer review process. EGU is offering FREE online training in which you'll learn about the role of peer review in the publication process, in addition to review criteria and open peer review, and get hands-on experience in writing reviews. To find out more and apply, visit https://www.egu.eu/news/967/egu-peer-review-training-workshop-apply-now/.
The Copernicus Medal 2023 has been awarded to Minna Palmroth for her ground-breaking work in leading the development of the world's most accurate space environment simulation Vlasiator, and for her outstanding achievements in promotion of space physics to the general public and for decision makers. Read more.
Copernicus Publications is deeply saddened by the news of the untimely and sudden death of Prof Astrid Kiendler-Scharr. Not only has she been an active and outspoken editor for one of our most influential journals, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, she was also a vocal supporter of Copernicus Publications and our publishing philosophy in general. We had the privilege of working closely with her in the past couple of months on a project she put much effort in, the new Diamond Open-Access Journal Aerosol Research. Her professional yet always cheerful attitude will be greatly missed. Our thoughts are with her family and loved ones. Please also read the press release of the Forschungszentrum Jülich.
- We are partners for our scientists. We offer our services with pride and passion.
- We listen. We act on your ideas, develop them further, and implement them effectively. For us, providing advice also means being critical in order to keep your best interests in mind. We know our capabilities but also our limits. We boldly face whatever challenges come our way.
- We promote and foster. The individuals take centre stage – with their uniqueness, their desires, and their achievements. We provide opportunities and inspire. We are committed to you and our employees.
- We strive for long-term partnerships. You can count on us!
- We assist scientists by publishing open-access journals and provide the setting to present their work at conferences.
- We offer free access to publications and bring transparency into scientific quality assurance. We provide the opportunity for interaction and networking amongst scientists worldwide.
- We offer one-stop customized solutions. Insourcing is our strategy and we value solid workmanship.
- We combine the spirit and personal closeness of a small team with many years of experience and our own infrastructure proven and tested by a magnitude of colleagues and large-scale projects.