Welcome to Copernicus.org
We promote the sciences by organizing conferences and exhibitions worldwide, publishing highly reputable peer-reviewed open-access journals, supporting associations in the fulfilment of their tasks, and developing appropriate software solutions for achieving these aims. Promoting scientific work is our focus. Serving those dedicated to science is our passion. Experience more and take a look.
The Copernicus Medal 2024 has been awarded to Lisa Alexander for her pioneering and ground-breaking work on climate extremes, observations and model evaluation, her global influence via the World Climate Research Programme, International Association of Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences and the World Meteorological Organization, and her excellent leadership of the CLIMDEX project. Read more.
Copernicus Publications started using the Research Organization Registry (ROR) database as the framework to assign institutional identifiers to corresponding authors in order to disambiguate affiliations listed on a published article and greatly enhancing the reporting capabilities to all academic stakeholders. Please read more.
Due to a fire in one of the data centres, the Copernicus Office online system had a downtime from 03:30 to 08:00 CET this morning. After we went online again, we carefully checked for any problems users could have faced in terms of file loss in our journal review system. Our databases were running, and the static servers for journal libraries and conference websites were not affected anyway. We apologize for any inconvenience individuals might have experienced and thank you very much for your understanding.
We are proud to announce the first publication of a research synthesis report in our new journal State of the Planet. The release of the 7th Copernicus Ocean State Report (OSR7), commissioned by the European Union Copernicus Marine Service and implemented by Mercator Ocean International, marks the launch of this new platform, dedicated to scientific synthesis reports and assessments on all subjects of the Earth and environmental sciences. Please read more.
To offer our journal editors a better service and an improved experience in our online system, we have significantly improved the referee nomination tool in our review system Copernicus Office Editor. Experience more and take a look.
- We are partners for our scientists. We offer our services with pride and passion.
- We listen. We act on your ideas, develop them further, and implement them effectively. For us, providing advice also means being critical in order to keep your best interests in mind. We know our capabilities but also our limits. We boldly face whatever challenges come our way.
- We promote and foster. The individuals take centre stage – with their uniqueness, their desires, and their achievements. We provide opportunities and inspire. We are committed to you and our employees.
- We strive for long-term partnerships. You can count on us!
- We assist scientists by publishing open-access journals and provide the setting to present their work at conferences.
- We offer free access to publications and bring transparency into scientific quality assurance. We provide the opportunity for interaction and networking amongst scientists worldwide.
- We offer one-stop customized solutions. Insourcing is our strategy and we value solid workmanship.
- We combine the spirit and personal closeness of a small team with many years of experience and our own infrastructure proven and tested by a magnitude of colleagues and large-scale projects.