Copernicus is a publisher of well-established international journals with a focus on geosciences. All journals are open access: they are available at no cost to the readers, and the costs are instead borne by the authors. Copernicus provides an excellent publishing service for these authors. We are currently recruiting full-time, permanent staff members (40 h/week) for the position of
English speaker for language copy-editing
- applying Copernicus’ policy of Lite Copy-Editing to our manuscripts: spelling, grammar, articles/prepositions, punctuation, and word-choice corrections;
- supporting authors from around the world by improving their manuscripts, thereby achieving higher credibility in the scientific community.
- You speak and write English at a native speaker level and have a passion for language. Knowledge of German and/or other languages is a plus.
- You have a university degree in linguistics or the natural sciences.
- You have some work experience and are familiar with academic texts.
- You have a keen eye for detail and an excellent command of English mechanics, punctuation, and grammar.
- You are motivated and possess good organizational and time-management skills.
- You are open-minded to learning new technologies.
- a friendly working environment with 55 open-minded colleagues (position requires relocating to Germany);
- a challenging and rewarding job with opportunities to contribute your unique talents;
- a secure working position with performance-related allowances, substantial social benefits, and a family-friendly policy.
Please send your application with your asking salary to
Meredith Gunnells: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.copernicus.org/career
Copernicus GmbH | Bahnhofsallee 1e | 37081 Göttingen | Germany