We are currently recruiting a permanent full-time (40 hours/week) staff member for the position of
EGU Managing Editor
The European Geosciences Union currently publishes 19 interactive, open-access journals through Copernicus Publications and is a forerunner in open science and innovative reviewing and publishing. The success relies on volunteer contributions from numerous editors and referees. Operations are continuously growing which requires additional support.
Join the team to help the EGU community and become a part of a rapidly developing movement in open and transparent science communication.
- At Copernicus, you will serve as a point of contact for the EGU journals’ chief editorial boards.
- You will assist the executive editors in their day-to-day routine tasks.
- You will facilitate the launch and growth of EGUsphere as EGU’s preprint server.
- You will help with the strategic development of the EGU journals in terms of promotion of open-access publishing, equity, author relations, open data, and open code.
- You will liaise with the EGU Publications Committee, the EGU Council, and the EGU Office.
- A PhD or equivalent experience working in the natural sciences;
- Experience with peer-reviewed publications as an author, reviewer, and/or editor;
- Enthusiasms about open-access science communication and readiness to make a long-term commitment to the EGU journals’ strategic development;
- Motivation and good organizational, inter-personal, and time-management skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, which will be the working language.
- Our friendly working environment with 58 open-minded colleagues at Copernicus;
- Stimulating interactions with the authors, referees, and editors from EGU’s journal family;
- A challenging and rewarding job with opportunities to contribute and develop your unique talents;
- A secure working position with performance-related allowances, substantial social benefits, and a family-friendly policy.
- Your application should include a cover letter in English, your CV, relevant certificates, and your asking salary.
- Please send your application to Martin Rasmussen at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review of applications will begin on 1 February 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
- We are looking forward to meeting you.
About Copernicus Publications
We promote the sciences by organizing conferences and exhibitions worldwide, publishing highly reputable peer-reviewed open-access journals, supporting associations in the fulfilment of their tasks, and developing appropriate software solutions for achieving these aims. Promoting scientific work is our focus. Serving those dedicated to science is our passion.
EGU, the European Geosciences Union, is Europe’s premier geosciences union, dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the Earth, planetary, and space sciences for the benefit of humanity, worldwide. It was established in September 2002 as a merger of the European Geophysical Society (EGS) and the European Union of Geosciences (EUG), and has headquarters in Munich, Germany.