We are currently recruiting permanent part-time (30–35 hours/week) and full-time (40 hours/week) staff members for the position of
English speaker for language copy-editing
Copernicus Publications is your chance to work with well-established international journals with a focus on geosciences. All journals are open access: they are available at no cost to the readers, and the costs are instead borne by the authors. Copernicus provides an excellent publishing service for these authors.
- applying Copernicus’ policy of Lite Copy-Editing to our manuscripts: spelling, grammar, articles/prepositions, punctuation, and word-choice corrections;
- supporting authors from around the world by improving their manuscripts, thereby achieving higher credibility in the scientific community.
- You speak and write English at a native-speaker level and have a passion for language. Knowledge of German and/or other languages is a plus.
- You have a university degree in linguistics or the natural sciences.
- You have some work experience and are familiar with academic texts.
- You have a keen eye for detail and an excellent command of English mechanics, punctuation, and grammar.
- You are motivated and possess good organizational and time-management skills.
- You are open-minded to learning new technologies.
- a friendly working environment with 60 open-minded colleagues; the position requires relocating to Germany with the choice of permanent home office or work in our headquarters in Göttingen;
- a challenging and rewarding job with opportunities to contribute your unique talents;
- a secure working position with performance-related allowances, substantial social benefits, and a family-friendly policy.
Your application should include a cover letter in English, your CV, relevant certificates, and your asking salary. Please send your application to Nicole Fromm at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to meeting you.